Please check out our current coupons and promotions:
NAMC SURGERY SAVINGS
With Anesthetic procedures there is always a risk. NAMC recommends the following Pre Surgical Tests:
- Blood work (Chemistry Panel and CBC) to check liver and kidney values because these are the organs that filter out anesthesia from the body.
- ECG (Electrocardiogram) checks the electrical activity of the heart to insure there is no abnormal arrthymias.
- Microfindr (Microchip) Permanent identification that is injected underneath the skin of your pet, this can be scanned with any universal microchip scanner if your pet was lost. Microfindr microchips have a onetime fee which includes a lifetime membership and is an international chip.
- NAMC would recommend a hip xray to rule out early signs of hip dysplasia.
We want our clients to be rewarded for decreasing risks of anesthesia, if you choose 3 of the above items you would qualify for an additional $35.00 cost savings certificate. If you choose 2 of the above items you would qualify for an additional $15.00 savings.
At NAMC all anesthetic procedures receive the following:
- During Pre-Anesthetic exams an auscultation of the heart and lungs is performed
- IV Catheter and IV fluids ‘ Anesthesia can cause blood pressure to drop which can cause damage to organs (brain and kidney), that is why NAMC has warming fluids to help sustain the blood pressure. The IV Catheter also provides a direct port into the vein in case of an emergency.
- Surgeries are performed with a CO2 laser, which decreases pain and swelling.
- With Surgeries that are performed at NAMC a Licensed Veterinary Technician monitors the following items throughout the procedure:
- Blood Pressure
- ECG (Electrocardiogram) heart rate and rhythm
- Respiratory Rate
- SPO2 (Oxygen Saturation)
- Anesthetic Depth (Reflexes, Gas Inhalation)
- Mucous Membrane Color and Capillary Refill Time
- During all anesthetic procedures the patients have warming blankets to help sustain normal temperatures because anesthesia can drop body temperatures.
- Post Operatively the patients are monitored for the following:
- Patients temperatures are monitored until maintained normal
- Sedation Level from Anesthesia
- Pain and Comfort Level
- Respiratory and Heart Rate
- Surgical procedures are sent home with Pain Medications to reduce swelling and pain.
If you have a large breed animal NAMC would recommend a hip xray to rule out early signs of hip dysplasia.
- Wiggle Wednesdays:Check our Facebook for weekly specials.