It is estimated that 25-30% of dogs are overweight and/or obese, and more than 69% of adults are overweight and/or obese. OUCH!!
- The most common nutritional disorder among people and pets
- Primarily caused by the same factors in people as well as pets – consuming too many calories and too little exercise
The health risks associated with obesity for both people and pets include:
- Heart disease
- Skeletal problems such as joints
- Breathing difficulties
- Decreased life expectancy
To assist in fighting the obesity epidemic…
NAMC is pleased to announce our Healthy Pet Weight Loss Contest for Dogs!
Join us in this contest!
You and your dog can win fun prizes and your dog will benefit by being more fit and active!!
How to get started:
- Register for the NAMC Weight Loss Challenge .
- Set up a Complimentary Weight Loss Exam with a NAMC doctor Sept 1-7, 2012
- NAMC will take a “Before” photo of your dog.
- NAMC will weigh and measure your pet for starting points.
- Attend the Contest Kickoff Party at NAMC on September 8th at 10am. (optional)
- Weigh dog weekly at NAMC. Hours 7:30am-7:30pm, 7days a week.
- Watch for special activities during the contest.
- Last weigh in and “After” photo Nov 25 – Nov 30.
- Contest winners announced Dec 1, 2012.
Random prizes will be awarded to all registered participants throughout the contest dates. Contest runs from Sept 8 – Dec 1, 2012.